Those of you who follow my blog and twitter should be aware now that I am taking part in #TheBloggersSnailMail and I have been paired with the lovely Hannah from HannahBubble. Hannah nominated me for a Liebster Award and I am thrilled to accept it. The Liebster Award is an online award, kind of like a chain mail, you get nominated for it then have to nominate other people for it. It’s another of those things that show the community spirit amongst the blogging community and I am chuffed to be part of it so a big thank you to Hannah for nominating me!
There are three rules associated with the award:
1. Share 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. Elephants are my favourite animals
2. I have one tattoo and have an appointment booked to get my second when I am in London. I am getting it done in the studio which the guy who did Matt from McBusted’s tattoo owns. (I’m getting an elephant)
3. My bedroom is 2 rooms knocked into one, so it is really big, but it is also a very awkward shape so I can’t do much with the space. I still don’t know if it is a good or bad thing.
4. Right now I am wondering why my Macbook is playing the movie I am watching at such a low volume.
5. My favourite place in the world is London, Especially the area around London County Hall. I usually stay in the Premier Inn there when I visit.
6. My favourite colour is pink. I spent years determined that I wasn’t going to be like every other girl and like pink, but in the end I had to give in to the real me and stop denying the existence of the pink obsessed girl inside of me.
7. When I was five or so we went on a family holiday to Disneyland Paris and all the pictures are of my brother meeting the characters. I spent the holiday terrified if any of them came near me, bursting into tears when they did, and it is all because Minnie Mouse stole my hat at breakfast one morning. Dressed up characters still kind of freak me out to this day.
8. I was going to apply for a NASA sponsored Doctorate but I didn’t have the balls to apply. Maybe next time, but I doubt it.
9. Valentine’s is my favourite day of the year because it forces people to be all romantic and thoughtful. Obviously I’d prefer spontaneous romance on random other days throughout the year. But it’s nice to see some love in the air.
10. I enjoy graphic novels, A LOT, and would love to read a whole lot more than I have already.
11. I have the worst luck in love.
11 QUESTIONS SET BY THE PERSON WHO NOMINATED YOU
1. If you could add one hour to your day ,what would you do with it?
– I would dedicate that time to working on my blog and other projects. But I’d like a rule where I could only have the extra hour if I dedicated it to productive things, wouldn’t want it to go to waste now would we?
2. What are the top three things on your wishlist at the minute?
– Cambridge Satchel Company Satchel
– Instax mini film for my camera
– New screen for my Kindle
3. What was the last book you read?
-Paper Towns by John Green. I am currently reading his book An Abundance of Katherines
4. What do you enjoy about blogging?
– I enjoy writing and letting it all out. I also love the fact that I am letting other people know that they aren’t alone in whatever they may be going through. Apart from what having my own blog brings to me I love the community that blogging has allowed me to be a part of.
5. What is your favourite thing to do on your days off?
– Now I work a Monday to Friday job it is nice having every weekend off. On my days off I like to go for long walks to the beach as well as walking my dog. I also like to get some groceries, read and play Pokémon & Animal Crossing.
6. If you could interview anyone who would it be?
-It would have to be Dougie Poynter. I’d love to ask him about what got him through rehab, what was the light in his darkest moments. I’d also love to talk to him about how important it was to have a close group of friends through that time as well as a close knit community around him.
7. What are you a geek about?
– Pokémon, elephants and McFly. They are pretty much all I talk about. Though I am easing off on the whole McFly talk somewhat… #adulthood
8. What do you do for a living?
-I work in an insurance company on their data cleanse team.
9. What would you like to do for a living?
– I would love to work as a primary school teacher.
10. What are your favourite types of blog posts to read?
– I love posts based on past experiences and those posts that are kind of gossipy. You know the ones about our love lives and embarrassing secrets or experiences.
11. Sweet or Salty?
– If this was sweet and savoury I would have to say both. But in this case I am going to say sweet. I have a big, BIG, sweet tooth. The only salty things I would eat would normally be popcorn or nachos.
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
1. What are the top three things on your wishlist?
(I really liked this question)
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. Who or what inspires you?
4. How do you motivate yourself?
5. Power of invisibility or the power of flight? Why?
6. If you could have any pet crossbreed ever, what would it be?
7. Tell us a dorky secret.
8. If you could have had anyone for your first kiss, who would it have been?
9. What is your favourite book?
10. Which would be the Easter egg you are most hoping to get? Or which Easter egg would you love to get in an ideal world?
11. Share a top tip with us.
MY 11 NOMINEES
Enjoy your awards guys and happy nominating.
Have a great Sunday everyone. See you on Wednesday for the post where I blabber on about bras and give an update on projects I am involved in.
Lynn Jo x