|These are the very discreetly packaged pads|
Gor Reef Octopus
I have seen toys like this online and really wanted one for Jynx, I have to say she has taken to him something terrible. She refuses to let him out of her sight and he has gone straight to the number one toy list. One difference I have noticed is that she plays with this happy fellow a lot more than her other toys, which she tends to just carry about and look after.
Hungry Hector South Woof Coast Path
These are a fishy treat made of sardine and seaweed. Jynx instantly turned her nose up and them and wouldn’t even take a sniff. Bella however ate hers in one. She tends to do that a lot.
Billy + Margot Fish Skin Cubes
Again another fishy treat which neither dog seemed to like. Jynx did give this one a good smell and ultimately decided not to try it. We aren’t really too sure what Bella did with hers. She sniffed it for a while and then my mum just left it on the floor of my brother’s bedroom for her. It could still be there for all I know.
All in all the doggies were fairly happy with this box. New toys and some treats. I am very disappointed that the dogs are so iffy when it comes to fish based treats as I know they contain a lot of good nutrients. We will keep trying though and see if we can make them give them a go.
Don’t forget you can get 20% off your own Dukebox subscription using the code LYNNJO20.
Enjoy the rest of your weeks guys, my next post will be up on Sunday. I am going to be chatting all about PERIODS (eep)
How do you all keep balance in your life? I am trying to use my planner more I find that always makes me (and the brain) feel more in control.
I have decided to share a recipe I adore with you all. It’s a go to of mine when I am not too sure what to make. I also use it as a base recipe and make slight changes to it in order to have different flavours. It’s so easy to do, takes only a few minutes to prepare and you can leave it in the oven and get on with any other jobs you may have to do. I found the original recipe here a number of years ago but I have paraphrased the recipe to suit how I would normally make it.
Note: I have used Sweet Potato with this recipe before and they take about the same time to cook as regular potato and I may even taste slightly nicer in the dish.
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Herbs and Seasonings
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c to 200°c.
2. Using some kitchen paper wipe a drop of oil around the baking dish.
3. In a bowl combine the oil, juice of a lemon (or more depending on how you want it to taste) the garlic and any other herbs and seasonings you might require. If I am adding a different flavour I would do it at this step combining it with the oil and omitting the lemon juice if necessary.
4. Slice another lemon and line the bottom of the baking dish with the slices.
5. Prepare your green beans and place them in the bowl with the oil and flavourings. Swirl them about so they are coated in the mixture. Take them out with the slotted spoon in order to allow for any excess of the mixture to drain off. Lay the beans in a single layer on top of the lemon slices.
6. Repeat step 5 with any other vegetables you want in your dish( excluding the red onion). I normally stick to just potatoes and carrots. I have tried brocolli and cauliflower but they cooked significantly faster than the rest of the vegetables and became quite burnt. Putting them in later was too much hassle for me so I didn’t really use them again. I normally just stick to potatoes and carrots, either peeled or unpeeled and roughly chopped. Use these to line the outside of the dish.
7. Coat the chicken fillets in the mixture and lay them in the middle of the dish.
8. Pour any left over mixture over everything.
9. Chop a red onion into 4 and place in each corner of the dish for flavour. Sometimes if I have a spare lemon I will cut some slices of lemon and onion and sprinkle them over the chicken fillets for added flavour.
10. Cook. I have found that about 40 minutes cooks the chicken fillet to perfect, mouth watering tastiness. This is with a decent sized chicken fillet, but times may vary. Sometimes the vegetables take longer than the chicken so I take the chicken out and leave the vegetables a bit longer although this can be rectified by chopping the vegetables smaller.
If you make this I would love to see your photos.
I have mainly made two variants of this dish but both were superb. One was with franks hot sauce. I mixed this with the oil and followed the rest of the recipe. It was lovely and tangy. More recently I had a half packet of Ol Del Paso Garlic and Paprika taco seasoning which I chucked into the lemon and oil mixture and this added loads of flavour.
I am off zip lining for the afternoon so expect a post on that on Wednesday. I did forget my camera though so I wont get to vlog it L I do plan on bringing the boyfriend at some point in the future so he can pretend he is Batman so I will vlog that.
Have a great week!
On June 2nd I got on a plane and traveled to Berlin, Germany, embarking on a slightly terrifying summer adventure with one of my best friends. She had visited the previous summer and fell in love with the city. She lives in Scotland so we do not get to spend a lot of time together throughout the year and we had made plans to spend the summer together, so heading back to her favourite place was something I was ecstatic about.
I have had tons of changes in my life in the past few months, including some pretty big changes in the next year. I will be graduating university in September 2016 and to say I am terrified is an understatement. I realised that I had not comepletely embraced the ‘college’ experience and decided to do something crazy and fun this summer, travelling to Berlin for the summer was on that list. While it is not my final summer before I am out in the big bad world, I wanted to begin exploring the world.
While a J1 visa to the US was definitely on the cards, I decided I would much prefer to wait until I was 21 to embark on my USA adventure so I will be saving that for next summer.
Although two of the three ‘summer’ months have passed I still feel like there is tons of time to try something new or even travel somewhere new. It doesn’t have to be a flight away, explore your own country some more! While in Berlin I have learned a lot about myself and I feel like I have learned a pretty good amount about the German culture and people. In my final two weeks here I plan to visit several museums that I have been dying to see, German history is one of my favourites to learn about and I am excited to see more.
So far this summer we have mainly just explored the city, visited the Holocaust Memorial, seen the sights such as Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburger Tor etc. While it has been a summer for fun I have also been working a lot so it has not all been fun and games. It does not feel as much like a holiday as it had before in the beginning, it now feels more like I live here, which is strange because I have never felt that for a city other than Dublin. It has been amazing to explore a new country that I have not visited and it has been incredible to just live day by day here going through the paces.
I realise my brows may not have been entirely ‘on fleek’ today as I was in a rush, you can see them in better form on instagram, but you get an idea of the product anyway. I highly recommended.