Hi all, My name’s Ffion, from over at thepoorgirlsguideto.blogspot.
com I am your average 17 year old girl, I go to college, I like clothes and make up. I’m honoured to be guest blogging on Lynn’s blog today as I admire her! Today’s guest post is one I was going to write for my own blog, it’s on something I struggle with and I’m sure all girls and guys struggle with at some point INSECURITY.
Definition of Insecurity
Emotional security is the measure of the stability of an individual’s emotional state. Emotional insecurity or simply insecurity is a feeling of general unease or nervousness that may be triggered by perceiving of oneself to be vulnerable or inferior in some way, or a sense of vulnerability or instability which threatens one’s self-image or ego.
Insecurity can stop you doing things, stop you enjoying things and can ruin your life, you can become so shy and uncomfortable with yourself that you may not even be able to look at yourself in the mirror. I remember a time when I avoided mirrors like the plaque, even catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror made me sick, made my hate myself. I went through an awful phase of not looking after myself, not brushing my hair, not wearing make-up, not even paying attention to what I wore, I can’t remember eating or sleeping much. I felt like a shadow, I existed, in the background. I think I isolated myself if I remember correctly, I didn’t feel good enough for anybody. I wanted to be alone. I thought I was ugly.
Now people describe me with words like confident, self-assured and it assures me that I have come along way and the best part about it? I know what I did and how I got here so now I can share it with all you lovely readers who are shy or unsure of yourself.
How I overcame INSECURITY
It takes abit of time, especially if you hate yourself like I did or think your ugly and unworthy!
The first thing I want to tell you is your BEAUTIFUL and not just outside, your beautiful inside!
Tell yourself now 5 times, say it with me ‘I am beautiful inside and out’ and again… The more you say it the more chance you have of believing it!
Ok so now we’ve got that embarrassing bit out of the way this is how I did it…I revamped myself, I upgraded my outside, making me look better which made me feel better!
1. Is your bedroom messy? Tidy it up, a messy bedroom is a messy mind and a messy mind is a confused and insecure one! I totally re-decorated my room at one point, cost me a fortune! All you need to do is tidy up and buy some little bits and bobs a cool lamp? A FULL LENGTH MIRROR (You can do this!) Little things that’ll make it look a bit different, curtains or bed sheets, pillows….anything! New room, new you.
2. Buy some new make up! Get a budget, I usually save around £50 when I need a pick me up! Buy yourself some nice eye shadow, some RED, yes RED lipstick or another bright colour, anything to stand out! You could grab yourself some nice bubble bath, shower gel or deodorant! So now we’ve got some new make-up to try and we’re going to smell sweet!
3. Take some time out, take a day to yourself, pamper yourself, take all your make up off, soak in the bath, be naked! Get out of the bath stand in front of that full length mirror in your birthday suit and just look at yourself, at first you’ll notice all the bad things, you’ll want to look away, you’ll want to cry, but keep looking, look at those legs long and shapely, what about that upper torso, look at those curves, those beautiful big eyes, that big round bum! LOOK CLOSER, you’ll notice more and more things, put your make up on, do it again, notice those things. I know it’s hard, I have stretch marks everywhere, I’m covered in them, my upper legs and my bum, but you know what? I like it, I have lovely shaped thighs and I love my bum it’s my favourite part of my body! I can cover the stretch marks with tights and my boyfriend doesn’t even care about them so why should I hate them and hate myself for having them? It makes no sense? You have a ‘big nose’ why not try highlighting parts of your face, you can find a tutorial on youtube which can show you how to do it, got ‘love handles’ or ‘puppy fat’ my best friend uses fat pants and she loves them, she says they’re really comfy. There’s always something you can do to feel better.
4. Go out and buy yourself a new outfit! Have a look online, see what suits your body shaoe and what you fancy! I’ve taken to wearing skater dresses, they make me feel girly and feminine and I can show off my legs, I used to like tight skinny jeans and blouses because you can cover your legs and a pretty blouse draws the attention away from any parts you don’t like.
5. Go out more, socialise, talk to people! Yes it’s hard, yes you might be totally terrified but you need to love yourself so other people can love you, by this step you should start to like yourself abit, and if you see other people liking you too that can really help build your confidence!
Confidence is the best thing in the world and it’s a great feeling to, every girl should feel confident on a regular basis! I want to help all girls and guys everywhere experience confidence so watch out over at thepoorgirlsguideto.blogspot.
com for a post on positivity and self acceptance!(Coming soon)
You can also contact me via email at anytime FfionGDavies@Gmail.com about anything, if you want to talk about this post or you need help and advice just drop me an email!
I read a really good post on insecurity before I wrote this post (LINK) http://www.allisonvesterfelt.
I really hope you enjoyed this post and I just wanted to say a big thanks to Lynn for sharing it with you all.